What We Do
We aim to invest about half of net raised funds (after administration costs, advocacy work and investments in awareness and fundraising) in microfinance in low- and middle-income countries through The Triodos Microfinance Fund. With these investments we aim to:
- A: Stimulate sustainable, equitable and inclusive growth in recipient countries.
- B: Generate a sustainable capital base from which the interests will be used to fund health and development projects. The average annual return on Triodos microfinance shares has been 4.1% over the past 5 years. See Microfinance for more information.
The other half of net raised funds will be donated to local health and development projects.
"With this model we hope for our funds to be able to make a sustainable positive impact in the lives of those that need it the most - both now and in the future"
Funding for Health and Development Projects
Our priorities will be those of the target population, and we will fund projects in any field as long as it meets a clear need in the target population that is in alignment with the general mission, vision and values of our organization. Below are some of the project areas we may end up supporting, but this list will naturally never be exhaustive, as a core value in our organization is an understanding of and respect for the fact that the needs of different country populations are and will remain infinitely diverse.
Please read more at Funding for Health and Development Projects
- Energy and Environment
- Food security and Nutrition
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Infectious Diseases
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health
- Peace, Justice and Human rights
- Policy, Governance and Institutional Strengthening
- Sexual Equity
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene